Thursday, March 12, 2009

TGIAF - Thank God It's Almost Frday

This week seems to have been going on for at least a month. I don't know if it's the time change, the return of my inability to sleep through the night, or what, but I am soooo glad tomorrow's Friday!
I love my children dearly, but sometimes they do things that make me think: "Is this really my child?" For instance, this morning I was drying my hair and my youngest son (and the only one left at home), Jordan, barges into the bathroom and says "I have track team dinner tonight." Since my husband had just told me "I'll be late tonight - I'm going to Business After Hours" (which also means "After we spend two hours b-s ing and eating free food, we'll probably go down to the brewery for awhile"), I smiled because I thought the two statements combined meant "We're eating somewhere else, don't bother cooking anything." Not a chance. Jordan repeated, "I have track team dinner tonight." Which, it turns out, meant he had volunteered to bring spaghetti. Of course, Jordan couldn't tell me exactly how much spaghetti I should cook or when it needed to be finished because this is his first track team dinner and he didn't get any details. (Sigh) So, the spaghetti is cooking as I write this and I suppose I should be grateful he only asked for spaghetti. My oldest son, Austin, once came to me at 9:30 at night and announced "I have to make the solar system inside a shoe box tonight." He didn't really understand why I was so upset because he thought I'd have everything he needed hanging around somewhere. I will admit, I'm a packrat so I did have a shoebox. I did not, however, have 9 styrofoam balls and planet-colored paint. Anyway, I hope Jordan gets home soon to pick up this spaghetti, otherwise it will be limp and cold and then his entire track team will think I can't cook. Oh, wait - maybe that's not a bad thing. :o)
I watched American Idol last night and felt smug when the two I felt should get kicked off actually did get kicked off. I do have a few comments about the show This new rule about being able to "save" a contestant just one time and only until they get down to five left is OK. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. The group sing and dance was OK. Can something be considered a medley of songs if it's only two? Because I only heard two different songs, "ABC" and "I Want You Back". This year has the added benefit of watching to see if Scott, the blind guy, falls off the stage. Last night, the others did a pretty good job of pushing/pulling him around, but as the number of singers decreases there's going to be more empty stage for Scott to wander around in. Please don't think I want him to fall off the stage; it's just one more reason to watch. And speaking of watching, I noticed that when Michael learned he was safe and Allison gave him a big hug, the camera went to the audience and showed Michael's wife looking like "Hey, get your hands off him!" And when Allison learned she was safe and Michael hugged her, they didn't even show his wife. I bet she wants him to move out of that mansion and into a Motel 6 until he gets kicked off. How about that mansion?? It's like American Idol meets Big Brother. I hope they show us what really goes on in there each week! Could be fun. Also, did anyone else notice Megan's face when she and Jasmine were standing together and found out that Jasmine was going home? For a split-second, she looked like she was going to scream and jump for joy, but then she remembered "Oh, crap, I'm on national TV and I need to look sad because Jasmine is leaving." Sure, we believe that. If it were me, I'd be thinking, "Hey, better you than me, sister." But that's just me. Now, let's be honest: Lil, Danny, Adam, Allison, and probably Alexis didn't really need to show up. We all knew they'd be safe and they could have stayed back at the cool mansion and played beer pong and then jumped in the pool. Finally at the end, there's Jorge and Anoop - who's done? I don't think Anoop will last much longer, but since I had picked Jorge to go I was really happy to find out I was right. So I could be smug, as I explained earlier. Now, next week will be country songs, which is good for Michael and probably Scott, but I can't wait to see and hear Adam do a song from the Grand Ole Opry. Don't get me wrong, I still love Adam, but it promises to be extra-entertaining. We'll see.
Knitting update: I'm still working on the "guy" blanket, but I've been eyeing my yarn stash and imagining different combinations, so I'll probably start a scarf pretty soon. And I did want to add something to what I said about using leftover yarn for these other things: yes, most of what I use is from my own stuff but my dear friend Judy, who's partly responsible for this knitting addiction of mine, also gives me her leftovers and sometimes more because she doesn't like having a bunch of yarn hanging around. Unlike me, I have lots - but that's a conversation we can have later. :o)
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!