Monday, March 16, 2009

James Madison's 258th Birthday

Happy Birthday, Mr. (4th) President!
I don't really know much about James - following after George and Thomas was probably really hard. Too bad there's no record of the opinion polls from back then. But, he was President for 8 years so he must have done something right. And he was married to Dolly, the awesome baker. She must have been, right? Her cakes are still around today - I rest my case.

When I got home from work, I tossed in some laundry, loaded dishes into the dishwasher (note to the guys in my house: those dishes don't voluntarily jump in that square box next to the sink!), and immediately got online and checked about four different sites for American Idol updates/gossip. I'm beginning to think I need an AI support group. A friend emailed me today and asked when Idol is on this week because "you always know'. You're probably wondering what I do during the 7 months that Idol isn't on TV. Well, I'll tell you. My year is divided into three seasons: Summer (no school, trip to Mexico, getting projects done, stuff like that), Football (preseason begins about the time I go back to my school job) and American Idol (starts the week after the Super Bowl, ends our last week of school). That's how the year flows for me. Right now, we're smack-dab in the middle of Idol season and moving towards Summer. My friend who's going to Mexico with me and I again had the "I can't wait to get there" discussion at lunch. We've both had some pretty frustrating days with students lately, so we're definitely ready for some palm trees, ocean breezes, and tropical drinks delivered by cute guys who's mission in life is to make sure we have a good vacation.

As far as this blogging thing goes, I don't think I've developed much of a readership yet. I've told some friends. It would be nice if those friends told their friends who told their friends...you get the picture. I'm still not completely sure why I started this, but now that I have I feel the need to try and be good at it. A teacher friend came by my room this morning and said she'd read my blog and enjoyed it and is going to start one, too. That's good - she can follow mine, I can follow hers and at least somebody will be reading my stuff on a regular basis. When I've asked friends to read my blog, I also ask for their comments, which so far have been positive. Of course, these people are my friends so maybe they're not going to be able to say "Hey, you suck, give it up already". So I need non-friend comments, but nobody but my friends reads me yet. Catch 22!!!

My knitting is fine - still adding to the "guy" blanket. I swore I wouldn't start another scarf until the room-switching and yarn organizing was done, but I'm soooo wanting to begin something new. I think I have hobby ADD. Which would explain why I have scrapbooking paper but no scrapbooks, photo boxes but no organized photos, coordinating fabrics but no quilts. I also have some cross-stitching stuff, but I did do that for years until I had to get bifocals and couldn't find a spot where I could see the pattern and the cloth at the same time plus look up at the TV. One or two were always blurry. So you can't really give me any grief about that one. OMG - in talking about this I just realized that some of the yarn in my stash is from like 20 years ago when I learned how to crochet and was going to make stuff for me and all my friends. When I also consider the fact that I kept that yarn all this time - well, maybe I need therapy. No, I don't - knitting is my therapy! :o)

Enjoy the evening!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!