Friday, March 27, 2009

Stick a Fork in Me...

cuz I'm done.

This week seemed to zoom by at warp speed and now I'm looking at two weekend days and then back to work. If I hadn't accomplished anything this week, I could use that warp speed zooming as the excuse but I don't have to because (insert your own drum roll, please) - I got my project finished!!!!! Right this minute, I'm dusty and dirty and ready for a shower - but the guest room and my workroom are done!!!!! Both look ready to be used for their respective purposes and I'm basking in an aura of satisfaction. This is so awesome because I've been known to lose interest in various projects at different stages of completion. Some would call this laziness but I prefer to think of it as my previously mentioned affliction of hobby/project ADD - it sounds a whole lot better and if I looked really hard I could probably find a support group somewhere. But no support group needed today because I actually got it done.

OK - I'll quite blowing my own horn and move on.

To the weather - SNOW. Ugh. It started yesterday afternoon and quit sometime last night. Lots of wind, too, and the temperature dropped way down. I went out when it first started because I had my nail appointment and by the time I was done my car was covered and I couldn't see a block in front of me. I was supposed to get a pedicure, too, but I skipped that because I couldn't face the thought of going out in a screaming snowstorm wearing flip-flops. Because you have to wear flip-flops after a pedicure otherwise everything gets all messed up which kind of defeats the purpose. The good news is that this time of year, snow never stays long so it should be gone by tomorrow afternoon.

American Idol got rid of one more last night - down to 9. My AI mojo is not working well this year - I was so certain that Megan was history I even told her (via this blog, not to her face) to pack her bags and move out of the mansion. I guess she can unpack, because Michael is the one leaving. It was a good thing they had Adam stand up first and told him he was safe because nobody would ever believe that he was anywhere near the bottom of the vote count. The big surprise for me was that Matt was in the bottom two - I don't know how that could happen. Part of me thinks that he really wasn't, but that the show producers did it that way to make people like me throw stuff at their TVs and yell "WTF?". Well, I didn't actually throw anything - it's a new TV - but I felt like it. Ruben, the season 2 winner, sang - he was from before I became AI addicted (hey, I bet there's a support group for that, too!) so I didn't really care. Then Smokey Robinson and Joss Stone sang a duet. I'm not a Joss fan, but I do like Smokey. I have to be honest though and say that I found it kind of creepy - he's old enough to be her grandfather but he was looking at her like he had just escaped from fat camp and she was a hot fudge sundae. Last week was kind of the same with Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis. Is this some kind of trend? Stevie Wonder was awesome but he's always awesome. I'm just grateful they didn't have him giving a pep talk to Scott, one blind piano player/singer to another. And speaking of Scott, he took part in the group sing-and-dance, but they kept him surrounded so he couldn't get near the edge of the stage. Where's the fun in that? No word on what next week's theme is so I can't speculate on anything.

Tonight the plan is to order pizza (too tired from all that work to cook!), find a movie to watch, and knit. Tomorrow, if the roads are clear and they should be, I'm going over to Colorado Springs for the day.

OK - I'm heading to the shower to get all this dust and dirt off me. I can't stand it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!