Monday, March 23, 2009

Switching Rooms Around - now I know why I kept putting it off

Well, my room-switching plan hit a big, brick wall yesterday - and the wall's name was Glen. Turns out he has no desire to move out of this room and into a different one. Didn't see that coming. Normally whatever I do inside the house is fine with him, if he even notices. But he dug in his heels about switching bedrooms, so I compromised and we bought a new HD TV for the bedroom we're not moving out of. It has a built-in DVD player, too. I didn't realize how bad the color was on the old one until I turned on the new one. Wow! And the screen is 7" bigger, but it seems more than that, if you know what I mean. So, compromise is good. Added benefit - only two rooms to work on this week instead of three.

I had Jordan help me and the first thing we had to do was move almost everything out of the room that's going to be my hobby/craft room. Including the bed that was in there. Don't need it anymore plus the mattress was the most uncomfortable one you could possibly imagine and the box springs were broken. So they went to dumpster heaven and the bed frame went out to the storage shed.

A lot of the furniture and boxes were from my mother's house. She died last summer and we sold her house last month, so everything that didn't get sold or sent to Goodwill had to come here. Also making a trip to the shed today: her large collection of Santas. I don't do Santas, I do Snowmen, so the Santas are waiting until the kids have places of their own and are ready to do their own Christmas decorating. The two storage tubs of Halloween/Fall/Thanksgiving decorations also went back out there.

I have the guest bedroom completely done, and it looks great. Now when one of the kids comes home, he/she can sleep in a bed instead of on the couch. I cleaned out the closet in there which was full of sleeping bags, junk, etc. Austin's AF uniforms got to stay, but were shoved as far to the side as possible. When he needs them for active duty with the Colorado Air National Guard, he can come and get them. And hopefully not bring them back. Boxed up some other things and stacked everything on the closet shelf. There are some boxes of my mother's crystal and other odds-n-ends that are going to have to be put in there for awhile, but there will still be plenty of room for a guest to hang up clothes. My antique oak mirrored dresser also went back in there and all but one of its drawers are empty now, so there's more guest storage space. I hope I have a guest soon to appreciate all this.

The other room, from now on we'll just call it "my room", is still somewhat in disarray, but I did get that closet cleared out and a bunch of junk/trash got tossed. Tomorrow I'll have Jordan move the rest of my craft/hobby stuff in there and then I'll get started on organizing it all. It's probably a good thing I have the whole week off!

Not much else is going on. My back is killing me from all that picking up and moving around of boxes, etc. Good thing I have a stash of pain pills for these types of situations. After dinner, I'll take one, maybe two, and hopefully will be able to move around tomorrow. Speaking of dinner, I'm not cooking it. I'm about to go out and pick it up. I've done enough for one day, don't you think? :o)

I'm going to eat, take my pills, and knit while I watch my new TV. There's a new show on Monday nights that I really like called "Castle". It's about this author, his last name is Castle, who's working with the police doing research for his new book. He follows this woman detective around and not only irritates her but also manages to help solve her cases. Imagine that. He's pretty cute, though, so I'd let him follow me around for book research.

So, that's it for today. Enjoy the evening - I plan to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!