Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Just Couldn't Resist

I visited my local yarn shop after school this afternoon to get some size 7 circular needles. And only some needles. But the needles are on a rack all the way in the back of the store, so I had to walk by all the yarn. And I noticed some new stuff and my mind showed me pictures of what I could do with some of it. So now I have more yarn. I have absolutely no self-control in yarn shops, I swear. But I suppose there are worse and more expensive things to be addicted to. I know that's a lame justification but it's the best I can come up with right now.

American Idol just gets better and better! Country music night - every year they have one and every year it gets crazier. Here are my thoughts:
Michael - didn't do much for me and he seemed to run out of breath due to all those words.
Allison - she manages to put her own personality into her singing and she's getting better at talking after she's done; I liked it.
Kris - I know I liked it last night but now I can't remember it!!! Does that mean it was boring? Probably.
Lil - didn't like it much at all. It wasn't so much the singing but the song itself just didn't seem to fit. Listening to the words and looking at Lil - it just didn't match up. Her dress, while pretty, wasn't really suited to the song, either.
Adam - OMG. I don't know what to say. It had that sitar/Easter influence thing going on that makes me think of the late 60's and early 70's, when Nehru jackets were popular and everybody was stoned. I'm not sure I actually liked it, but he gets credit for staying true to what his style is. I voted for him because he's still my favorite, even if this wasn't my favorite performance. I'm a little worried that it only took me 90 seconds to get through this week vs. 37 minutes last week.
Scott - he's so sweet and he's blind so it's hard to be mean, but he's kind of boring. He reminds me of the entertainment in a hotel bar near some big airport. Just put a tip jar on the piano and he's good to go! I'm looking forward to I mean anxious about the group dance just to make sure he doesn't get separated from the group and wander off and fall over the side.
Alexis - "Jolene" is a country song that I like, so I was hoping for better things from her. She just seemed kind of blah through the whole song. Nice dress.
Danny - not impressed with the song, the singing, or the outfit. He's still safe, though.
Anoop - who knew? Not bad at all but I like him better when I listen with my eyes closed - he just doesn't look like a "star" to me.
Megan - "Walkin' After Midnight" is a favorite of mine (even though I'm not a country fan) and I just am not sure what to think. Her voice is different and at first I liked it and then not so much and then I liked it again. But the outfit has got to go - it just made her look like a giant pair of boobs with some singing coming from somewhere up above them. Plus the colors didn't match her tattoo.
Matt - I'm sure he's safe this week, but like with Kris I can't really remember much about it.

I think Scott or Michael will get kicked to the curb tonight. I'll know for sure in about three hours.

Tomorrow is my Friday. I'm doing the Happy Dance about that, believe me! Then 10 days of freedom!!!! When Spring Break is done we have what seems to be a really long haul to the end of the school year. But the end is at least in sight now. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I'm ready for a break. And the closer summer gets the more my mind wanders down to Mexico and my body gets jealous that it can't go there with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!