Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Out of Sorts

I just got home after a meeting and feel like I'm being rushed through my evening routine. I seem to be such a creature of habit lately that anything different in my schedule throws me off balance. I never used to be like this, so what the heck is going on??? Does this mean I'm getting old and set in my ways?? Can't be - I don't plan on ever being "old" no matter what my driver's license says! Maybe I'm just tired and a little run-down.

Nobody else is home - workaholic hubby is still working and busy son is obviously busy somewhere else. I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm living alone. But....silver lining - no one is bugging me about what's for dinner. And the answer to that would be "Whatever you want to root around and find". Betty Crocker probably wants to jump off her box and beat me with kitchen tools.

So, American Idol in about 20 minutes. Apparently tonight's theme is the most popular ITunes downloads. Well, that's going to pretty much guarantee more current songs. The trainwreck potential goes up because most of us will have heard the original renditions relatively recently. It's going to be interesting, to say the least.

I got some good news today. My gas bill came in the mail and it's almost two-thirds less than last month. Yay!!!! I know part of it is due to some warmer weather but I have been very good about turning the thermostat down, too. Extra $$$$ are hard to come by these days, so I'm glad to have a few this month at least.

Tomorrow is Wednesday - hump day. Come on, weekend! We're leaving after I get off work Friday to visit the four kids that don't live at home. They're all in the Fort Collins/Greeley area. We'll go up Friday night, meet them all (Chance, Shea, Austin, Ian) for dinner and then spend the night with daughter Shea (she's the only one with an extra bedroom). Saturday we'll visit Ian's apartment, maybe Austin's too, have lunch with as many kids as can make it, do a little visiting and shopping and then come home Saturday evening. It's been awhile since we've seen all of them together, so I'm looking forward to it.

Gotta go - I have a couple of chores to do before AI hits the airwaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!