Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I wore green today in honor of St. Patrick. I read in a history book that St. Patrick introduced Christianity to Ireland . I always thought he was remembered for driving the snakes out of Ireland. Either way, I'm not quite sure how it evolved into an excuse to get drunk on green beer while wearing a shirt/button/hat that says "Kiss me, I'm Irish" after eating corned beef and cabbage for dinner. How did that happen? Corned beef and cabbage - I'm craving it now. And since I can't cook it and have a meeting at 5:15 I'm going to have to get on the phone and see if I can find a restaurant where I can get some to go.

Tonight is an American Idol night - the remaining 11 will be singing country songs. YeeHaw! I'm not a big country fan, but the evening does promise to be entertaining nonetheless. And by that, I mean entertaining because someone (or two, or three, or more) has a great chance of having a total trainwreck of a performance on national television. I know it sounds mean, but come on, do you honestly remember the good performances for more than about 10 minutes?? Not usually. No, we remember the truly awful ones. The ones that make you watch in horror and think "OMG, is this for real?" and as much as you want to look away, you just can't. The ones that make you squirm in embarassment for the singer. The ones that you discuss with your fellow AI followers, usually opening with the question "Can you believe (singer's name) totally sucked?" So prepare to be entertained - one way or another.
Having said that, I must mention that I do remember a few good performances: Chris Dautry "I Walk the Line", Jason Castro "Hallelujah", and Blake Lewis "You Give Love a Bad Name" come to mind.

Knitting: The "guy" blanket is coming along great! It's probably about three-fourths finished, and I have enough of the yarn I've been using to get the job done. I guess I should start thinking about which guy in my life to give it to. Hmmmmm. I was good today - I resisted the urge to buy some yarn from an online store even though it looked totally yummy and was on sale. I did write down the items I want, just in case I discover a project that absolutely can't be made with anything else. :o) Yarnaholic - that's me.

Have a fun evening - however you decide to celebrate the day!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!