Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Almost There!

My Spring Break project is almost done!!!!

This morning I went shopping for mattress cover, sheets and a blanket for the guest room. I haven't actually made up the bed yet, but they're sitting on the bed which is almost as good. The quilt and shams are covering up the bare mattress so that chore can wait another day. Also rummaged through the artwork from my mother's house that's currently leaning against the wall in the hobby room and found a couple of pieces to put up in there. I'm also going to put up a gold-framed mirror that my mother had as long as I can remember. It's nothing special - oval with a gold-painted -well, curlicue is the only word I can think of to describe it - frame. Looks old-fashioned, which goes with the antiques and bed coverings. It's so not anything special, but I remember thinking as a little girl that it was just the fanciest mirror ever so I couldn't bear to part with it when we went through her stuff. It's funny the things our memories hold onto, isn't it?

The hobby room is coming along, too. I took all my knitting stuff in there and put all the yarn away in a chest of drawers. The chest didn't have quite enough room, so I had to put the overspill into a storage tub. Looking at all that yarn makes me realize I better start knitting faster! I still have to take a bunch of this & that from my bedroom into that room - boxes of pictures I need to sort through and organize, along with about 5000 picture frames that I bought so I could put the best ones in frames and put them out so I can see them all the time; my stash of "gifts", which are things I've bought either on sale or because it looks perfect for someone and haven't actually given away because they're all stuffed into the cupboard in my bedroom and I can't really tell what's in there; some gift bags and bows, also bought on sale to use on the gifts which haven't been given. You get the idea. I'm so excited to finally have all that stuff organized and where I can get to it easily.

Tomorrow is my "fun" day of the break. Going gambling with some friends. I haven't been up there in quite awhile, so I'm excited to get out of town for a few hours.

No American Idol tonight. President Obama instead. That's nowhere near a good trade, I'll have you know. I know it's politically irresponsible, but I'd rather have my AI!

The dryer is buzzing at me, so I need to run. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!