Monday, March 30, 2009

Silver Linings

Today started out so blah: it was a Monday after a vacation, the weather was cold, I didn't sleep well and didn't want to get up and go to work - you get the picture. So I was at my desk feeling miserable, and resentful that I'm not independently wealthy which would allow me to not work, and a co-worker brought some papers I needed and mentioned that we only have 39 work days left until summer vacation. 39 days! That's so much more manageable than 8 weeks. Of course I know it's the same amount of time, but 39 days sounds so....close. That's Silver Lining number one.

After I got home from work I realized now that all my knitting stuff is out of my bedroom and into my workroom I have enough space to do a workout at home. Instead of at the gym, which I seem to find every possible excuse not to use. So I did a dance routine workout for 30 minutes. Silver Lining number two.

My hubby cooked spaghetti for dinner last night. He cooked enough for a small army, as usual, and since Jordan ate dinner at a friend's house so there's more than enough left for tonight. So I don't have to cook. Silver Lining number three.

Take a look at the top right corner of the blog - there's a new button there for The Loopy Ewe. It's an online store in Missouri. I found it after I began reading the owner's (her name is Sheri) blog. I gave in to temptation and placed an order which arrived last week and everything is just great. The hand-dyed yarn I got is absolutely beautiful with very nice shadings. Anyway, I put the button there because I like this place. I've sent three emails about various things and have received fast replies from Sheri herself, they have weekly specials called Sneak Ups, and (as I said) I'm impressed with their products. Plus Sheri spent her Spring Break in Keystone. If you click on the button, it will take you to the home page and from there you can go to the store or Sheri's blog or wherever. If you happen to visit through my button and make an order, I will get some store credit with them. (This is not my main reason for getting the button so please don't feel pressured.) But it is Silver Lining number four. :o)

My day is ending so much better than it started - instead of being depressed and cranky, I feel upbeat and happy. Must be those workout endorphins coursing through my body! Plus finding four silver linings in one day makes me realize that I can probably find at least one every day if I just take the time to look.

I have to tell you about this movie I watched last night - "Mr. Brooks" with Kevin Costner and Demi Moore. Kevin was a serial killer who didn't like killing but was addicted. To keep his addiction under control he went to AA meetings (he didn't tell them he was addicted to killing, he just said he was an addict. Good thing - all the alcoholics would probably have run right to the nearest bar once they realized they were sitting with a serial killer.) Anyway, the voice in his head got to be too much and he started killing again. The voice in his head was William Hurt, visible to only Kevin and the audience. That was actually a pretty cool way to do the voice in the head thing. Plus I like William Hurt. Demi Moore was the cop assigned to the cases. She was in the midst of divorcing her Boy Toy husband who was after a hefty settlement because she actually had over 60 million dollars left to her by her father. But she was working as a cop - so believable. Anyway, I won't give anything away, go watch if you want to know what happened. I'm not sure why I mentioned it at all, other than it was in my head so I decided to share.

Now go and look for some silver linings of your own!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh....I love the Loopy Ewe!!! My favorite place to shop!!!

    Glad your Monday was a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!