Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Slump

I just feel blah and worn out today. Maybe it's from all that work I did this week or maybe it's just because my week off is almost over. Or maybe I'm just tired. Whatever - I have like zero energy and don't feel like doing much of anything. Except a nap. This mood does not lend itself to me cooking something for dinner. My poor family - sometimes I just don't feel like cooking. In my defense, though, at least half the time when I do cook neither hubby nor last-son-at-home shows up (hubby's pretty much a 12-hour a day workaholic and son is busy with practices for two sports plus friends) and I find myself eating alone. Then I decide not to cook because nobody's ever home anyway so of course on those days they both get home at a reasonable time asking what's for dinner. I just can't win. But they don't starve - I do have a stash of frozen stuff I can fix quickly for them. It may not be homemade, but.. just deal with it. Gosh, I think I may be a little cranky, too.

I did go over to Colorado Springs today and visit a few shops. Bought a few things I don't really need, but retail therapy is good once in awhile. I'm not a big shopper and can't stand going to a mall unless I absolutely have to. Needless to say, I didn't visit the mall just some specialty stores. I enjoyed the drive. The sun was shining and the snow was melting so I think Spring is on its way back. The view of the Sangre de Christo mountains as I drove back home was awesome as always. They're completely snow covered and look beautiful. That's how I like my snow - from a distance.

When I got home, Jordan was busy cleaning the house. He's much better than his brothers that way - he knows what his jobs are around here and I usually don't have to nag too much. He owes me money (typical teenager - he thinks Mom means Made of Money, not Mother) so until further notice he cleans the kitchen, big bathroom, and living room every week. It's a great situation for me because I hate housework. He leaves for college in 2 1/2 years - what the heck am I gonna do then??

No big plans for the rest of the weekend. Loads of laundry to do tomorrow and then back to the work routine on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!