Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I Need a Decent Night's Sleep

Today was not a good day. Woke up in the middle of the night with a screaming headache that just would not go away and couldn't get back to sleep. About the time my alarm clock began beeping I started feeling nauseous. I took a sick day from work and crawled back into bed and stayed there for a few more hours. The good news is that the headache is finally gone. I'm still really tired, though.

Tonight we find out who's leaving Idol-land. It better be Megan. Here are my thoughts about last night's show:

Anoop sang Usher and was just boring. Megan did a Bob Marley song that must have made Bob want to come back from the dead and put a voodoo curse on her. Yes, it was that bad. I wanted to put a voodoo curse on her. It was just so....grating. That's probably what caused my headache. And what was all that crap hanging around her neck? And to top it all off, she got snotty with the judges when they told her she sucked. Well, they didn't actually say "You sucked" but we all know that's what they meant. Because she sucked. Then Danny sang something by Rascal Flatts and the judges loved it, but I thought it was out of tune. How many pairs of glasses does Danny have anyway? He seems to have different ones every week. Allison picked "Don't Speak" by No Doubt and I thought it was pretty good - she "made it her own" to use a phrase the judges love to toss around. They didn't have much to say about her singing, just picked on her outfit a lot. Well, it was a crazy outfit and even crazier hair, but I think it worked for her. She's sixteen so she can get away with it. Scott had new hair and wasn't wearing pink pants so that was a big improvement over last week before he even opened his mouth. He sang Billy Joel and sounded better than he has in weeks. He's not going to win, but he'll find a job somewhere and be successful. The guy's blind but he's not sitting around whining about it, feeling sorry for himself, and collecting welfare. No - he's out doing something with his life and if he never sings another note in tune on the show I have to admire him for that. He's probably safe this week because some of the others (especially Megan) were way worse. Matt sang something but it was pretty bad and I don't want to remember it. I don't know what happened, but he didn't sing like I know he can. Then came Lil singing Celine. It had some nice big notes and I liked her retro look, but other than that I was bored. She can do so much better. I'm disappointed in her and I think she's falling behind the pack. Next was Adam. I still love Adam. "Play That Funky Music" hasn't sounded that good in years. It was energetic and it was fun! And it was Adam. Need I say more? Wait, I will say more: I agree with Randy and his "Star Zone" comment and I thought it was classy of Adam to thank the band. Now I'm done with Adam. Kris had the final spot and he sang "Ain't No Sunshine" which is a favorite of mine. Trivia note - the original version has "I know" repeated 26 times in a row. I know this because I counted them years ago. It was awesome and his best performance so far. Plus he's just so darn cute. Picking on him would be like being mean to a Labrador puppy and who can do that? I did my voting thing. It took 11 minutes to vote for Adam and then I decided to give Kris a vote, too, so I spent another 9 minutes punching the redial button until I got through for him.

Overall, most of the performances last night didn't do much for me. Looking back, maybe the headache-waiting-to-happen was making me cranky ahead of time. I still want to blame Megan for that, though - she was just so awful. She should definitely be the one to go, but I think Matt and Anoop could be in trouble, too. We'll know in a couple of hours if I'm right.

Knitting note: My knitter-friend emailed me a pattern for that wool yarn I wasn't sure what to do with. I told her it might be awhile before I tried it since I currently have four projects going in various stages of completion. So she said if I only have four in progress I'm slacking and need to let my project ADD come out again. That made me LOL because it's just so true. I was looking at the piece I was knitting last night and thinking about starting a baby blanket for a co-worker who's expecting. I even got up and picked out the yarn for it. This baby isn't due until the fall, which is a good thing since I know I'll never be able to start and finish it without doing some other stuff in between. Hey, at least I'm aware of my problem.

I've been trying to think of a Silver Lining for today and finally found one: I didn't have to put on makeup today since I didn't go to work. Kind of lame, but still...better than nothing. It's all about the positives, right? :o) Plus it's all I've got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!