Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Woo-Hoo, it's Wednesday!

Also known as Hump Day. I personally think the term "Hump Day" sounds kind of sleazy - like Wednesdays are for fooling around instead of working. But that's just me (and my obviously not-very-nice mind). So from now on Wednesdays will be known as Woo-Hoo Wednesdays to celebrate being halfway to the weekend. If you actually are fooling around instead of working, the Woo-Hoo still works for you.

Work-wise, today was a pretty good day. Some of my kids made me smile (and even laugh out loud a few times), which is nice. Others made me want to bang my head on the wall in frustration. Typical day. The good news is no matter what kind of days I have now, there are only 17 of them left. Woo-Hoo!

The swine flu continues to worry my Mexico vacation friends. I did contact the resort's head office and was told that since the government hasn't actually banned travel to Mexico the best they can do for me is sell me reservation insurance instead of letting me roll over that reservation until next summer. Just what I want to do: spend more money to not go on vacation. Right now, we're all kind of thinking that we'll go anyway. Worst case, we'll have the plane and the resort to ourselves. Hey, we can pretend we're really rich people with a whole resort to ourselves! Woo-Hoo!

American Idol: For the most part, I think they did the Rat Pack proud.
Kris sang a really sweet song and sounded good, but there was no "wow" factor. Allison did a great job and looked good, but I'm not sure her fan base is big enough to keep her in it. Matt started out OK but didn't follow through - he may be the one leaving. Danny sang one of my favorites from that era, "Come Rain or Come Shine" and for the first time I really liked him. And then there was Adam. "Feeling Good" is another one I like and he did an awesome job with it. Say what you will about his orientation, his lifestyle, his mannerisms, whatever; the man is a performer. When he came down those stairs and strode across the stage he owned the joint. I even played the video (courtesy of the AI website) and closed my eyes so I could just listen and not be sidetracked by the performance aspect of it, and his voice is truly unbelievable. It left me wanting more. Maybe I'll quit trying to find someone to go to an AI tour date with me and just wait for an Adam Lambert concert. It took me 57 minutes to cast my phone-vote, so he's probably safe. Danny should be, too, but I think it's a toss up among the other three as to who will leave tonight. If if had to pick who's going home, I'd say Matt but it could be Allison. The bottom line here is: I really don't care as long as it's not Adam. If he were to leave it would be a bigger surprise than when Chris Daughtry only got 4th place a few years ago. Today's phrase definitely works when talking about Adam: Woo-Hoo!

I got no knitting done last night. First I was too busy trying to vote for Adam and then I had to call a couple of friends and discuss Adam and then I had to check out idolbloglive and see what they said about Adam. It's Adam's fault: if he weren't so good, I would have had more time to knit. I won't hold it against him, though. :o) I will get knitting done tonight. Woo-Hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my LORD.....Woo Hoo Wednesday....and here I thought I was the only one that always thought of "hump" day as sounding....well...you know!! LOL!!!

    Keeping my fingers crossed the Swine Flu doesn't interfere with your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!