Thursday, April 2, 2009

Heading for the Weekend

Tomorrow is Friday!!! It's almost sad the way I look forward to the end of the week nowadays. Maybe I should worry about this, but I won't. It's just the way I am. Some things are just a part of my universe: My goofy dog Buffy (and my other pets), the kids (who will still be "the kids" even after they become grandparents, my total disinterest in housework, and the fact that about this time of year I get obsessed with Fridays and counting the days until school is out (36 work days - in case you're counting with me). This "my universe" list could go on forever, just like the actual universe, but I'll leave it there for now.

We're still planning to leave tomorrow afternoon to visit all the kids that don't live here anymore. It's convenient that they're all in the same area, plus a niece from Arizona who's also in Fort Collins. Shea decided it would be easier for her to cook dinner tomorrow night instead of trying to go out to eat once we got up there. Bless her - she's such a sweetie. I called middle son Ian this afternoon and he was cleaning his apartment so I wouldn't see it looking like a pigsty. Chance and Austin, I think, want us to get up there at a reasonable hour so family dinner doesn't cut into Friday night fun time. Just suck it up boys - Mamma's comin' to town! Hubby assures me that he will be at home ready to go when I get home from work around 3:30. I'll believe that when I see the Tahoe in the driveway as I pull in. I already packed the few things I'll need for overnight (minus what I need to use in the morning - will thrown that stuff in before we go) and picked out which knitting project is making the trip with me ("guy" blanket). I also looked up and wrote down the addresses of three yarn shops in that area. Not that I need more yarn (definitely NOT), but it's fun to visit new stores. So I'm ready to go. Jordan's staying home since he has a soccer game Saturday afternoon. Hopefully he won't have some big, crazy party while we're gone. The neighbors will keep an eye on things, and he knows I'll get a phone call if more than two cars are parked in front. Plus, to be honest, he's pretty responsible. And he knows from his brothers' past "party while the folks are away" experiences what will happen. So I'm OK leaving him. I'll call at least 10 times, but I'm a Mom - it's what we do.

Jordan is having dinner with his Dad and Glen is at a Lions meeting, so once again the Silver Lining is not having to cook. I think I'm liking that one a little too much. Next week I'll try and get in a cooking mood and find some different Silver Linings.

Today's good news: Megan is finally gone from American Idol. She got in the judges faces about it, too. Like that's going to help her post-Idol prospects. I'm still amazed that she gets to go on tour and make like a hundred grand. I can't sing either - can I go, too? I'm off during the summer. Next week's songs have to be from the year the singer was born. I don't know what year Adam was born in, but I already know he'll be awesome. Because he just is. They had Blind Scott behind the keyboard again for the group singing. He was kind of near the edge, though - one too many backwards or sideways steps and he would have fallen right off.

My headache completely disappeared early this afternoon (finally!) and I feel a lot better than I did yesterday. Got my nails done after work.

I won't have time to post tomorrow. Unless hubby is running late, in which case I'll write something before we head up north. If we get out of town on time, I'll be back to the blog Saturday night or Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Glad your headache is gone
    2. I will ALWAYS look forward to Fridays.
    3. Have a fun weekend
    4. Last but not least, you can never, EVER have too much yarn!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!