Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm Here....

sort of.

Friday I went to work and had to turn right around and come home due to, putting it as nicely as I can, nausea issues. After what seemed like neverending dry heaves, I crawled into bed and proceeded to have awful dreams so I must have had a fever, too. I finally got back out of bed sometime Saturday afternoon. Yesterday and today have been OK, but I still don't feel normal. I made my excuses for two meetings I had scheduled after work and dragged my sorry butt home.

And here I am.

I read in the gossip news today that Mel Gibson's wife has filed for divorce after something like 28 years and 7 kids. Infidelity is reported to be the cause. I bet his drunken rantings and ravings didn't help. I used to love Mel, but the past few years he's been getting kind of strange - that whole anti-Semitic thing, building a "traditional" Catholic church in his neighborhood, etc. They got married before he ever thought about being famous plus they live in community-property California, so she'll do OK.

It's a beautiful Colorado day - sunshine, blue sky, about 70 degrees. Yesterday it was snowing when I got up, and my car was covered with ice this morning because it was below freezing. I've lived here a long time now, but this bi-polar weather still amazes me. You really can wear snow boots and sandals in the same day.

Nothing new on the knitting front, since I didn't do much knitting over the weekend. So the guy blanket still isn't finished. Maybe this week. Think positive thoughts!

1 comment:

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!