Tuesday, April 7, 2009

OK - I'll Blog Tonight

I had planned on skipping the blog tonight for a number of reasons: I had a meeting after work, stopped to pick up something for dinner, got home and had to feed the animals, load the dishwasher (those dishes still don't hop in there on their own) and start it running, jump in the shower, put on jammies, and be in front of the TV in time for American Idol. (It comes on at 7 here.) So there I was, stuffing my face with one hand and taking notes with the other. Yes, I've resorted to taking notes otherwise I can't remember all the brilliantly witty/stupid/just plain mean comments I want to make. But the show ran over, which meant I missed the start of the next show I usually watch, so I have blog time. Silver Lining. :o)

Anyway, in keeping with the birth year theme we had baby pictures. I'll be brief - everybody was cute.

So here goes with this week's opinions:

Danny was born in 1980 and sang a country version of "Stand By Me". This song in its original form is a favorite of mine, but this arrangement didn't do much for me. The judges all loved it, so I'm wondering if they heard the same thing I did.

Next was Kris, 1985, singing "All She Wants to Do is Dance". I thought he put kind of a funky vibe on it and it was OK but the judges all hated it. Maybe it's because I still think he's just so cute that picking on him is like picking on a puppy and I just can't do it. I can't face big, sad puppy eyes.

Lil, 1984, sang Tina Turner's "What's Love Got to Do With It" and I was flat-out disappointed. The past few weeks it's like she's just been going through the motions. I'm pretty much over her. The judges didn't like it much, either, so I guess we did see the same show after all. We all know when Paula starts by talking about your outfit, you're in big trouble. This was Trainwreck #1 for me.

Anoop, 1986, "True Colors". I looked at him when it was over and went "Huh?". I just didn't get it. Once again, the judges loved it so I must be back to watching a different show. Since this is not a song I ever really liked, maybe I should give him (and the judges) the benefit of the doubt. Whatever. He's probably safe, because others were a lot worse. Yes, Lil, I'm talking about you!

And Scott, 1985, was Trainwreck #2. He sang something I don't even remember the name of and I could go look it up on one of those 52 AI sites I cruise around in, but I don't want to because I just don't care. He did show some personality and I liked that, but I didn't like the song much at all. The judges and I are back with the same show because they all gave him bad comments. Scott is very gracious when dealing with criticism and I appreciate that. It's much better than when someone gets all snotty about it. Remember Megan? Oh, let's not. Forget I even mentioned her name.

Allison, 1992 (the same year as my youngest - thanks for making me feel old) did "I Can't Make You Love Me", one of my all-time favorite songs and she was awesome. I got goosebumps, I swear. Simon gave her a hard time about talking more and being more "likable", whatever that means. She doesn't need to talk - her singing says all we need to know about Allison.

Next was Matt, 1985, singing "Part Time Lover" and I loved it. I heard a couple of sort of screechy notes, but it didn't really matter. I thought it was better than anything else he's done lately.

Finally, Adam, 1982. He sang "Mad World" and words fail me. It was another OMG performance. Simon gave him a standing ovation and I can't remember if that's ever happened before.

Back to my real life vs. reality show life: Today was another crazy (but not really in a good way) day. Every year about this time it gets like this. Plus it's a full moon. Say what you will about that having no effect on us down here on Earth, I'd have to disagree. I have a friend who is an ER nurse and she says it's always busier and crazier during the full moon. Maybe I was too excited about buying that ticket to Mexico - it put beach fantasies in my head. Plus I'm just kind of cranky and impatient. Not sure what's up with that, other than I've been having these really bizarre dreams so I haven't been sleeping that well. Other than that, not much else is going on. I guess I'll just take my cranky self to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!