Friday, April 17, 2009

No Snow.....

yet.

I went to my meeting last night and got rained/hailed on just as I arrived. Three hours later made the drive home in fog, but no snow. This morning it was cloudy, raining, windy, and cold and about noon or so there was some major snow action but nothing stuck to the ground and now it's just cloudy, windy, and cold. Supposedly the storm is swirling around slowly and we could still get snow. Other parts of the state are getting a whole bunch right now and there's a winter storm advisory until noon tomorrow. Summer----where's my summer?????

Michelle told me this morning she got her ticket to go to Mexico, so there's four of us now. She can only stay six days instead of the whole two weeks. Janie and I will miss her when she's gone and we're still goofing off. My other friend can only stay part of the time, too, but Janie and I have fourteen full days of total relaxation time. Lucky us, right?

I was driving down a street a couple of blocks from my house yesterday and saw a sign in someone's yard that said: "Drive carefully, we (heart) children." And the rest of us don't???? It irritated me, but I was really cranky yesterday so most things irritated me. I guess I should drive by it again to see if I have the same reaction.

I watched a video on YouTube of a woman named Susan Boyle auditioning for the show "Britain's Got Talent" and she was amazing. If you haven't seen it, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Simon Cowell is involved with that show, too, and he should have her come and sing on American Idol.

And speaking of American Idol... I was kind of surprised they used the Judge's Save on Matt since it's obvious to everyone (including Matt himself, I'm sure) that he has no chance of winning, but maybe they figured "use it or lose it". Whatever. Next week two people will get kicked off (goodby Anoop and Lil). Plus it's Disco Week - my absolute favorite. Not only because I myself am a former Disco Queen and remember the words to most of those songs, but because it has such trainwreck potential. And you know I love a good old AI trainwreck! Am I being mean? Yes. (You should be used to it by now.) Will it be fun? Absolutely. I rest my case.

I checked the Idols Tour schedule and for the second year in a row - no stops in Colorado. What's up with that??? I really want to see them in person, but I'll have to go to Utah or Texas to do it. I'll have to think about that and see if I can convince someone to go with me.

Jennifer Hudson and Miley Cyrus were the guest performers on AI this week. Jennifer was good, Miley not so much. In my opinion, Miley wouldn't have made it through Hollywood week with that performance. But I've never been a big fan of the whole Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus deal anyway.

I missed my new show "Southland" last night because I got home after it started and I couldn't record it because I was already recording "Harper's Island". Last week's "Southland" was shown about three more times, but I searched and no such luck for this week. Bummer. Maybe I should take this as a sign to get a life and quit watching so much TV. Or not. If I quit watching TV, when would I knit?? I think that's all for today - I need to check out tonight's TV schedule. :o)

Silver Lining: If I'm home watching TV, I'm not out causing trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!