Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Marches On

Yes, it's Monday again and the weather is not warm and sunny like it was last week - it's somewhat cloudy and on the cooler side. After today, there are only three more Mondays until summer break. See - Mondays can be good for something, even if it is just helping us countdown to summer vacation at which time we'll stop paying any attention to Mondays until school starts again the end of August. I think Mondays have become used to being hated and avoided and now are happy to get attention any way they can - kind of like dentists.



I am now following the LA Times' Idol Tracker blogs. As if I didn't already spend enough time reading about AI. (Sigh) But I couldn't help it - these bloggers spend a lot of time talking about Adam. I might miss something important.

My time away was good. Some parts of the conference were very good and others not so much - at one point we seemed trapped in a bunch of blahblahblah whatever until I thought my head would explode. But that, like everything eventually does, passed and my head is intact. I managed to visit three yarn shops that just happened to be (sort of) on my way home.There is now an official embargo on yarn purchases. This is a self-inflicted embargo, and will only last as long as I can keep away from these dangerous places. Or until I find a Mexican yarn shop while I'm on vacation. Or until I hear about a really good sale. It's probably a pretty useless embargo, but I'll try to be good. I did get home in time to see Jordan in his tux before he went to the prom. He looked very handsome and grown-up. It's bittersweet seeing him like that - I enjoy his progress through life, but don't enjoy the fact that as he grows up I'm getting older. Plus sometimes I miss my babies. On a certain level they will always be my babies (I can see their eyes rolling as I write that), but I do miss some of the things from when they were younger - like snuggles and hugs and bedtime stories. Stuff like that.

I read that Fox will not broadcast the President's 100 days in office press conference since it might interfere with American Idol. Yessss! Priorities. Seriously, if a person really wants to watch the President there are many other channels to choose from all showing the same thing plus there will be recaps, comments, highlights, etc. for days afterwards. I've thought for years that the broadcast companies should show things like that on a rotating roster system. Why have the exact same thing on 92 different channels? But that's just me.

Hubby spent part of the weekend doing yard stuff. Since the grass is now green it's also growing and the lawnmower needed some work. Said lawnmower is now in working order and ready for Jordan to use it. This is Colorado, home of the late spring storms, so I'm waiting a few more weeks before I get my hanging flower baskets and tubs ready for the porch and patio. This allows me to be lazy but seem prudent.

I guess that's all I have for today. I still have some laundry that needs my attention, and we all know that if you leave laundry sitting around it somehow breeds and you wind up with even more laundry.

1 comment:

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!