Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday

Gosh, here it is - American Idol performance night with songs from movies. That's such a broad category I can't even begin to guess what I'll hear. I'm almost certain that Adam will be awesome. Because he just is. I'm a little worried about my Adam obsession. I spent 45 minutes last night searching for and watching his videos on the internet. That man can sing! The quality on some was less than ideal - they looked like they were recorded on cell phones - but his voice came through OK. I suppose there are more harmful obsessions, so I should probably quit worrying. I certainly have better things to worry about.

After extensive research (various articles, internet blogs, and a survey of my fellow Idol-obsessed coworkers) I think Lil or Anoop will be the next to go. Neither one are that great nor have they found a big following. It's kind of like nobody really cares about them, so let's just move on to the ones that really count. Sad but true. I'm secretly hoping for a train wreck or two tonight to add some excitement. It's the best I'm going to get now that Blind Scott is gone and the whole "will he fall off the stage tonight?!" question is no longer relevant.

Last night I finally got back into my normal knitting routine. I'm making progress on something, that's all I can say. I've given up promising to finish anything - this week all I want is some no-pressure knitting.

Janie and I (I think) have convinced another friend to go with us to Mexico. The more the merrier! I've already started building my stack of trashy, don't have to really think about the plot too much books to take for beach reading. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy books that actually make me think - but not while I'm on the beach. The sun interferes with my thought processes so I need those less cerebral ones while I'm working on my tan.

Tomorrow is Wednesday - halfway to the weekend. Yay!!!

1 comment:

  1. 3 cheers for Trashy, beach reading books, little umbrella drinks and Mexican YARN!!!!!!! (Don't forget the sunblock)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!