Saturday, April 18, 2009

Housework is Harmful to My Health

or my back.

I spent a couple of hours cleaning, dusting, moving stuff to clean behind/under it - you get the picture. BTW - It should be a dusty, dirty, grumpy picture. Somewhere in all that I managed to do something to my lower back and now I'm having painful spasms. I knew there was a good reason to avoid housework. A hot shower helped a little (and it for sure helped with the dusty and dirty part of your picture), but not enough. Pain killers - here I come!! I did spend time clearing off my desk: sorting through a bunch of stuff that had piled up and then throwing away a lot of that same stuff. It's amazing - I hang on to stuff and then I don't need it and can throw it away. Too bad I can't get in the habit of just throwing the stuff out in the first place. But the minute I start that, I'll probably need the stuff!! Anyway, now my desk looks clean and neat. Which will last maybe a few days until I start piling stuff up again. (Sigh) There was a Silver Lining, though: I found a pair of earrings under the bed that I hadn't seen in ages.

I have a few friends who follow "Dancing With The Stars" and even though I've never watched it regularly, I have checked it out a few times. I like seeing those gorgeous outfits. Hubby and I took a Beginner's Ballroom Dancing Class years ago and I absolutely loved it. I wanted to move on to Intermediate, hopefully followed by Advanced, but couldn't convince him to do it. As much as I enjoyed it, I think he hated it that same amount. My two favorites were the waltz and the tango; the waltz because it's easy and classy, and the tango because it was fun. Too bad there isn't a show called "Dancing With The Nobodies". I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Not much going on today. The winter storm missed us for the most part and now it's just cloudy and cold. Monday is supposed to be sunny and mid-70s. Colorado weather - gotta love it. Jordan did my grocery shopping for me, so I don't even have to go out today. I'm debating on whether to curl up and read or find a movie to watch. Maybe I'll just take a nap.

No big knitting news: I'm still working on the guy blanket and my sock-yarn strips.

1 comment:

  1. I vote for a good "read" followed by a nap!
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!