Thursday, April 9, 2009

Better

Today was a blah-less day and that makes me feel a whole lot better. I had visions of becoming mired in a sucking hole of blah and never being able to escape.

I got my nails done after work - maybe that helped. Yes, I'm probably that shallow.

Last night I watched Scott get kicked off AI and actually felt sort of bad for him. But it was time for him to go, and Lil or Anoop should follow him out the door over the next two weeks. Neither one of them are doing much for me lately. During the group sing, Scott got close to the edge of the stage a few times and each time I thought "Uh-oh, there he goes" but someone always managed to pull him back in time. From now on I'll have to anticipate someone falling off figuratively instead of literally. My brain is still reeling from watching performances by Frankie Avalon, Flo Rida, and Kellie Pickler within a 60 minute span. If that's not a mind-boggler, I don't know what is.

Tonight two brand new shows are starting that I want to watch - Southland, a cop show from (I think) the ER guy; and Harper's Island, some murder mystery thing about people getting killed ("One by one" - I can't get the commercial out of my head!) when they come to the island for a wedding. And they're both on at the same time. Why is it that something I want to watch is always on at the same time as something else I want to watch??? To make me use the DVR, I guess. My kids just roll their eyes when I tell them that when I was growing up we only had three channels to choose from. OK, four, but I'm not counting PBS because nobody every really watched it. I think this must be my generation's version of "I walked two miles to school in blizzards and on the way home I stopped at the store and bought a loaf of bread for a nickel." I rolled my eyes back in the day, too. The other thing that blows my mind is now I have like 345 channels to surf plus On Demand, and there are times when I can't find a single thing I want to see. How jaded is that? Probably a lot, but I refuse to dwell on it. More evidence of my shallowness, I'm sure.

So, one more day and the work-week will be over and I'll be that much closer to that Mexican beach. I've done this Mexican beach trip right after school lets out for a few years now and I have to tell you that it's my renewal/recharging time. I don't do a whole lot and I love every minute of it. It's not everybody's dream vacation, but it sure works for me.

I bought a pair of size 3 knitting needles this afternoon. I've decided to see how my sock-yarn strips that will eventually be a blanket look when knitted on the proper size needles. So I'm skipping the guy blanket for tonight and doing something with sock-yarn. We'll see how it goes.

Silver Lining: After a day of total blah, even mediocrity looks pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you mean about so many channels and so few good programs to watch.....yet I continue to PAY for those 350 channels every month!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!