Wednesday, April 22, 2009

That's What I'm Talkin' About!

Today is the first time I actually felt like Spring has arrived. It was a beautiful day: sunshine, blue sky with a few fluffy white clouds, temps around 75, and the grass in my yard turned from brown to green overnight. Well, it probably wasn't overnight, but it seems like it. Plus the trees in my yard and all up and down the block are starting to leaf out/blossom, depending on the type of tree of course. So Spring is here and Summer can't be far behind. That's what I'm talkin' about!

Tomorrow I'll work for half a day and then take off for Denver. Shortened work week - that's what I'm talkin' about! Of course, I'll be away from the blog for a couple of days but I'll catch everything up Saturday night. Or Sunday, depends on what time I get home. But I will be back. Pretend I just said that in my Arnie-in-the-Terminator voice and it's much more entertaining.

You know I watched last night's American Idol and will tell you my thoughts. I will, however, try to keep my comments to one word for each contestant. There's no particular reason for this, I just want to see if I can do it. So here goes:

Lil - Loser
Kris - Surprising (but in a good way; and nothing in parentheses counts against my one word deal)
Danny - Danny
Allison - Awesome
Adam - Absolutelyamazing (it's one word, and besides, it's Adam)
Matt - Average
Anoop - Nope
I did it!!! That's what I'm talkin' about!

Seriously, Lil and her backtalk need to just leave. And get her mother out of there before she hurts somebody. I don't know/don't really care who else will go with her. As long as it's not Adam. Since it took me 57 minutes to cast my Adam-vote, I'll go out on a limb and say he's safe.

I decided to go back and re-watch all of Adam's videos from the show, starting with "I Can't Get No Satisfaction". All in the name of research of course. Not because I'm obsessed or anything like that, I just wanted to make sure he's worthy of all that cell battery time I use every week for my votes. (I also have some really nice land in Florida to sell - call me). Anyway, after review, yes he is totally awesome. Watching his performances one after another, while gratifying on so many levels, also made me realize that I didn't hear one wrong note. Ever. Here's an idea: Just call it Adam Idol or have Ryan start tonight's show with Adam standing next to him and announce, "THIS is the American Idol". And for the rest of the season (four weeks) it can be all Adam, all the time. That's what I'm talkin' about. I so need to find someone to take a road trip with me to an American Idol Tour city.

Last night, Hubby played in a Texas Hold 'Em Poker Tournament. It was one of those free ones that if you win and then go play some more tournaments and rack up points, you can get a free entry to that big tournament in Vegas. He came in second and won ten bucks. That's what I'm talkin' about! Not! He did say he can still play in some more tournaments and get points, so I say: "Go for it! Everyone should have a dream." A trip to Vegas would be fun.

I got my hair trimmed over the weekend. The stylist that does my hair for me comes to my house. No, I'm not rich, it's just one of the benefits of living in a small town. People make house calls. Anyway, we were talking and I somehow got her talking about something that really upset her and by the time she was done venting and cutting, my hair was somewhat shorter than I had planned. It's so short that Hubby noticed within five minutes after he got home. To give perspective on this, last time I had my hair done he didn't notice for three weeks. Got the picture? Plus, I think my hair got mad that so many of its follicle-friends were gone and decided it wasn't going to do anything I wanted it to. So for four days I've been walking around with cowlicks I never had before and rebellious strands sticking out at annoying angles. Finally today it actually looked like it was supposed to. Hair obviously doesn't hold a grudge or has no long term memory. For which I'm grateful. I think next time she comes to do my hair I'll just give her a note that says I have laryngitis. Better hair through deception. That's what I'm talkin' about!

Today I wore a light-colored top and within five minutes after I got to work I had a black smear from the newspaper I was carrying and a pencil line drawn across the front. This always happens to me when I wear white, cream, ivory, or any shade of beige. You'd think I'd learn. What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Yep, that's what I'm talkin' about.

On the knitting front, I didn't have much time last night (I was busy voting for Adam, remember?) so I just knit a few rows of a sock-yarn strip. The guy blanket's edge is coming along, but it feels like it's going to take forever. It's a big blanket and it takes a long time to go all around the edge. I've done 2 1/2 rows of edging and need about 4 more. I will finish it. Soon. I promise.

Gotta go. Stuff to do before Adam Idol comes on. Yes, that's what I'm still talkin' about! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!