Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tiptoe Through the Tulips on Tuesday

I'm not tiptoeing and I don't have any tulips. But if I did, I would. Plus I feel alliterative today.

Today was another mostly ordinary day. I got a call from middle son Ian that his father is driving up there this afternoon and moving him back home. When Ian was here last weekend we discussed this possibility, but I didn't think it would be quite so soon. I've talked to other parents and apparently this is a common occurrence - kids move out and then they move back in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he finds a job quickly so he can get back on his feet and make some plans for the future. Work-wise things moved along well. Thirteen days to go. One of my students gives me the countdown status every morning. Bless his heart. Little does he know that I've probably been counting down longer than he has. I've got to find my Alice Cooper CD so I can play "School's Out" really, really loud on our last day.

Tonight is Rock night on American Idol. Slash from Guns-n-Roses is the mentor this week; he never did anything for me, but it should be interesting to see what he tells the contestants. And I have to admit, Adam singing "Welcome to the Jungle" would probably be a performance to remember. In my opinion, Danny and Kris will probably have the hardest time - rock just doesn't seem like their thing. Plus we get duets. It should be an interesting show.

Knitting: finished one dishcloth last night and started another. They're fun, easy, and quick! I can resort to dishcloths when my knitting ADD gets out of control to feel like I'm accomplishing something. That could be a Silver Lining, right?

That's it for now - I'm tiptoeing on out of here. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!