Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Stuff

OK - I'm back and in a better mood.

I have heard from Austin via email and he made it safely to Iraq (via a two day layover in Spain, where he spent time at the beach) and is now living in a tent and working twelve-hour shifts with F-16s. I can think about him now without getting all upset and am focusing on his return. I send many, many, many positive thoughts his way every day.

As for the two sons still here: Ian's dad asked Ian to live with him while he's back here getting his life together. Their relationship hasn't been the best the last few years, and he asked Ian to stay with him so they could work on rebuilding their relationship. He's less than five minutes from my house, so I'll still see plenty of him and it would make me really happy if the two of them could get along better. Silver Lining - I can keep the guest room as a guest room. :o) Jordan had a busy week: He was elected to next year's Student Council, was inducted into the National Honor Society, and was hired as a lifeguard at the public pool. So, all in all, a good week child-wise.

American Idol: Adam and Kris in the finale. Kind of a surprise, but personally I'm glad Danny's gone. He seemed to irritate me more and more each week. Plus his singing was going downhill. I can't wait for the final show on Wednesday to see who wins!!!! I think they're singing three songs each on Tuesday and apparently there was some sort of coin toss which Kris won and he elected to have Adam sing first. When the show started in February, co-workers and I talked about the fact that the show would end during our last week of school; it seemed like such a long way off then, but here we are. What a great week, huh? The American Idol big finale and summer vacation begins! What more could I ask for? (Well, lots of stuff, but that's a rhetorical question.)

I joined NetFlix and decided to get the first season of two shows I've never watched: The X Files and Grey's Anatomy. The X Files isn't on any longer, of course, but I had some friends who watched it religiously so I thought I'd give it a try. I watched the first disc already and it's pretty good. I love cop shows and it's kind of like a cop show with Twilight Zone stuff mixed in. A whole bunch of my friends are into Grey's Anatomy and after watching the first few episodes I can see why. I can't wait for the next disc to show up in my mailbox!

It's been a low-key weekend. I've done all the laundry and have the rest of the day free from household tasks. USA network is having a Law & Order SVU marathon so I think I'll grab my knitting and turn on the TV.

Speaking of knitting: I knitted a total of six dishcloths and am back to working on the baby blanket. Now that I've started it, I think I'll just do the whole blanket in the variegated and use the "spotted" yarn for the edging. The blanket isn't really looking like it's done with variegated yarn, it's working up in a very muted way where all the colors seem to blend. Pretty.

I guess that's it for today. Now that I'm back to my "normal" self, I be blogging more than once a week.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the land of blog!! LOL!!

    Sounds like things are looking up!

    Keeping your son in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!