Monday, May 4, 2009

First Monday of May

Not much going on. It's Monday. This head cold continues to sap my energy and drag me down. I fell asleep yesterday afternoon while doing laundry and never did get it all done. I fluffed up what was in the dryer (hubby's shirts) this morning and got them put away, but I still have about three loads left. There were a couple of shows I had planned to watch last night, but at the last minute I set the DVR because I knew I'd never be able to concentrate on them. It's a good thing I did, because I pretty much dozed off and on through the evening and finally gave up and went to bed about 9:30.



On a brighter note, the family turkey dinner was enjoyable, if typical: 5 hours of cooking and preparation for 15 minutes of actual eating. But we had fun around the dinner table and that's what counts, right? An added bonus was that because I did all that cooking, the boys did the clean-up. Since it was Saturday night all of them had place to go and people to see, which was actually OK with me since I was starting to feel the effects of this darn cold again. So they all went out while I watched TV and knit a dishcloth. Is my life exciting, or what????

I did get my hair done over the weekend. Got rid of those pesky gray hairs. I've long since forgotten what my actual hair color is (I've streaked, frosted, highlighted, lowlighted, and sometimes completely dyed my hair since I was 16), but until I get so old that I actually forget that I care about it I will not have gray hair.

I'm still in a holding pattern as far as the trip to Mexico. Nobody has backed out yet, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can go as planned. Apparently the World Health Organization may declare a world-wide pandemic. What is that? A combination of the words panic and epidemic that freaks everybody out?? I think we'll be OK unless travel to Mexico is actually banned by the government.

Since I'm tired and my head can't come up with anything else to talk about, I'm taking a shortcut and giving you a Monday Medley, with my answers in bold italics. Substitute your own answers if you like.



1. The first rule of working in an office and getting along is own the office.



2. Spaghetti vongole is the best way to eat clams.



3. When I think of carnivals I think of riding the Ferris wheel at night.



4. Tulips: my favorite spring flower.



5. Things on my desk include a Happy Bunny daily calendar, 3 things made by my kids, folders, notepads, computer monitor and keyboard, mousepad, school mascot stuffed animal.... I need a bigger desk.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!