Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Home Stretch

Well, we're on the home stretch now both at work and on American Idol.

We have two days of work left, and I expect to hear a collective sigh of relief in our building when that final dismissal bell rings. I'm also looking forward to waving at the school buses as they leave for the last time with horns honking and kids bouncing in the seats. I have to move to a new room for next year (not sure which one yet) so I've been packing up stuff and taking things off the walls. That's a job I'll definitely be glad to finish with, hopefully tomorrow.

And here we are, just hours away from the final American Idol of the year. What a trip it's been! I so want Adam to win, but Kris may pull off the upset. I can hardly stand the wait! Those two are so different but both are good. I just think Adam has the bigger star potential. Here's a comparison of the two from Jacob at TelevisionWithoutPity.com - he explains it better than I ever could:
"I've been saying it's the best season ever since auditions, and you didn't believe me. Can you possibly join me now? Because check out your Top Two: KRIS and ADAM, which is the equivalent of winning two new cars in a raffle you forgot you entered. One of them goes really fast, changes from one just-invented color to another, gets its satellite radio from an unknown star, and takes you to wonderful, frightening lands of the future. The other has automatic transmission, sleek lines and touchable faux-leather interior, and always smells like heaven. And the biggest dilemma you face in your life is: which car am I going to drive today? That's a lot like having no problems at all. "
For me, I definitely want my Adam-car, racing toward those future lands. I did my best to help by voting as long as I could; I got through about ten times before I had about an hour of busy signals and just had to give up. Dial Idol has Kris marginally in the lead, so I don't know what to think. Last year they had a small lead for David Cook and he won by 12 million votes. I'm hoping for something similar, but with Adam coming out on top. As far as last night's show: I'm disappointed they had to sing something from a previous show. Both chose songs that were perfect the first time, so why try to improve on that? Note to Idol producers - let them pick something new! I thoroughly enjoyed Adam's "A Change is Gonna Come" and can't help but feel the emotion he felt about it was real; Kris' song didn't do much for me - too low key - but that's been his style most of the season. And the winner's song - don't get me started. OMG, can't they find someone to write a song that's upbeat and fun and sounds good????? I remember the very first show this year had a video clip of all these tween David Archuleta fans waiting for the final announcement. When David Cook's name was announced, one little girl's mouth dropped open in shock, another started crying, and another just stood there kind of spazzing out. I laughed out loud because it was really funny. Well, guess what? If Adam doesn't win, I'll be doing all three at once. And thank God no one will be videotaping me.
I know it's probably a little crazy for a woman my age to be so obsessed with a show and a singer, but we all have our issues, OK? Hey, I may not be totally normal, but at least I'm harmless. :o)
Silver Lining: If Adam doesn't win, he won't have to sing that awful song for his first single. (I still hope he wins, though).

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah, I think I felt the same way as you did re Adam. Now I think it was a total blessing as he can do his thing and not be restricted by Simon's company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I agree with you 100% on Adam. I had a feeling Kris would win and now I think it was a blessing since he won't have to sing that awful song all year and be restricted by Simon's company.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!