Monday, May 25, 2009

Summertime...

and the livin' is easy.

At lease I hope it will be! I want a relaxing, stress free summer.

I have turned off my Monday through Friday alarm clock for the duration, the coffee maker has been reset to make that first pot of the day at a later time, and I'm at the very beginning of a long stretch of having no pressing obligations. Does that sound great, or what??!! I counted on the calendar - I have 97 days before I have to do the daily routine again. That's 14 days more than we normally get because the first day of school for next year has been pushed back to the last day of August instead of the mid-August start date we've had for a few years.

I have my list of "projects" I want to get done. Stuff like organize photos, clean out my closet, go through and categorize my recipes and at the same time "clean up" the bookcase with all my cookbooks. There's more, but you get the idea. Sadly, at least two of the things are left over from last summer's list. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but am self-aware enough to know that I'm a champion procrastinator so it would not surprise me if a future post contained lamentations about not getting anything done.

I've been knitting: I finished the baby blanket made from leftovers. I think it's pretty and I have a home picked out for it already. A good friend has a grandbaby due the end of the summer so it worked out well. Two projects ongoing right now: the sock-yarn strips for a blanket and another baby blanket; both are coming along. I dug out my digital camera because a.) I decided it was time to learn to use it and b.) I wanted to post some pictures but, while I found the camera and instructions, I can't find the damn box with the charger so it's deader than a doornail. I'll have to go and buy a new charger. So pictures will have to wait. :o(

Today is Memorial Day - a time to remember those who serve, those who did serve, and those who died in that service. We owe all of them more than can ever be repaid.

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo.....congrats on the new schedule!! LOL!!

    I say, it isn't about what we actually accomplish (like all the projects you have planned)....but more that we THOUGHT about what we wanted to accomplish!! LOL!! (There, consider this a permission slip to skip any/all projects).

    Bring on the knitting....and if you are like me....as SOON as you get home with the charger....the one you lost will appear!! LOL!!

    HAPPY SUMMER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right....summer time and the livin' is easy....now to break open the bottle of gin I got at Christmas! Gee....I never knew so many things about you. KNitting?? Really now. You sound like Tracy when it comes to camping. XFiles whoohoo. Gee...invite me over to watch a few...which season are you getting? I'd start at the beginning. The Truth is out there! Have you tried Lost? I like that too. Let me know if you got this!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!