Monday, July 13, 2009

Time flies...

and then you wonder where it went! Today is my oldest son's 21st birthday. Unfortunately, as we know, Austin is celebrating this milestone in Iraq. That sucks on so many levels. Anyway, as I said in the e-card I sent him this morning, I can't believe it's been 21 years since he came into my life and changed it forever. I think back and it seems impossible that 21 whole years have gone by already. I was lucky, all three of my boys were healthy and all were extremely happy babies, but in different ways since they all have their own personalities. So, Happy Birthday to Austin!
Yesterday Hubby asked me to drive to Howard (a small town up the river canyon to the west) to check out a property with him. The drive up the river was beautiful, as it always is, and on the way back we were lucky enough to see not one but two small herds of bighorn sheep. One herd even had two babies! Also saw two young deer snacking in a meadow. I took my knitting along so I also managed to get a few rows of the blanket done when I wasn't looking out the window at the scenery and the wildlife.
This morning I was up early because I had an appointment to get blood drawn. After that I decided to get the trip to the grocery store over with, then I went to the pharmacy, the bank, and the library. So I think I'm entitled to goof off the rest of the day!
My car is all nice and clean, ready for the trip to Ohio - courtesy of Ian and his friend JG (his name is actually Jordan, but we call him by his initials so he doesn't get confused with our Jordan). The cleaned out the junk that had accumulated (sadly, I'm not much on keeping my car tidy - I mean to, but then...), wiped all the surfaces, cleaned the floor mats, and vacuumed it out. I love those guys!
I can't decide what knitting to take on the road. If I take the blanket, that's a big bag. I'm leaning toward taking a bunch of cotton skeins and do dishcloths. Either way, I have to take knitting!
OK - gotta go - it's lunchtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!