Friday, July 3, 2009

Notes from outer space..

not really, but all these drugs make me feel pretty spacy! :o)
It's a little after 11 in the morning and I've been awake since about 3:15. My face woke me up, so I popped a pill but still couldn't sleep so after about an hour of tossing and turning I gave up and got up.
Not much going on today - I've done some laundry and if I get in the right mood I may sort through my closet to get rid of stuff I don't ever wear. We're not doing anything special for the holiday tomorrow, we'll be cooking out here with the family. I need to make something for dessert, so I suppose I should rummage through my cupboards to see what those options are. To be honest, I'll be glad when the 4th is over - I have this nagging fear that Iraqi insurgents might like to make a statement by doing something to the big airbase where my oldest son, Austin, is right now. I know I probably don't have anything to worry about, but that thought keeps floating around in my head. I'll breathe easier once the weekend is over.
I'm keeping one eye on the TV - Michael Jackson's memorial service arrangements are being announced. I confess I'll be watching every minute of it on Tuesday. It still makes me sad that he's gone. Nobody has said yet where he'll actually be buried; maybe Neverland would make a good place - it's beautiful and he seemed to be happy there. He talked about a tree where he would go to write songs and Larry King said last night that it's a really beautiful one, so it would be fitting, IMHO, to bury him near it. Of course, I'm just talking - I have no idea if that's even possible or something his family would even want.
OK - I'm off to take my meds - my face is starting to hurt again. Sucks to be me, huh? :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!