Friday, July 10, 2009

Summertime...

and the livin' is easy. Actually a better word is probably "lazy". I've been busy doing a whole bunch of not much, and I don't feel a bit guilty. :o) I haven't been a total slug: I've done the laundry on a regular (daily) basis, I've cooked meals and kept my kitchen (relatively) clean, and I've been organizing my hobby room. But I don't answer to my alarm clock and I don't have a schedule.
Speaking of my hobby room: I am such a packrat!!! I have enough yarn to open my own store, I have three shelves of gifts waiting to be given, I have so many picture frames in assorted shapes and sizes that when I finally get pictures put in them they will cover every available surface in my house (and some will have to go on the walls!), I have an entire storage tub full of gift bags and gift wrap (good for the shelves of gifts, right?), there is entire cedar chest full of fabric (I thought at one time I might take up quilting, and maybe sew some wardrobe items), I have enough cards to start a card shop - you get the picture. Maybe I have that hoarding disease. I won't worry about that until I start stacking newspapers all over the house. I have to admit it's been kind of fun going through all that stuff. Anyway, I'm almost done sorting through all that stuff and then I'll start organizing my cookbooks and recipes. I've been sporadically going through my closet and getting rid of old stuff and stuff I haven't worn (or can't fit in!!!) - I donate all my stuff like that to a charitable place here in town.
Hmmm. I've been doing more than I thought. It's my vacation - I need to slow down! :o)
Next week my friend Lori and I are taking a road trip to Ohio. I'm going to see two good friends from high school and she's going to visit family. That's one of those funny life coincidences - we met and became close friends here in Colorado but we both grew up in Ohio.
I've also been watching "Grey's Anatomy" from Netflix - I'm about to start the third season. And while I watch, I knit, so the baby blanket is coming along. I have some balls of cotton yarn that are destined to become dishcloths shortly. I've decided that this year, most Christmas gifts from me are going to be either knitted or from those aforementioned shelves. It will save me money and give me something to do with all that yarn. A win-win thing.
Austin called from Iraq a couple of days ago. The connection wasn't that great, but it was wonderful to hear his voice! He's doing OK and is due to come home the end of the month. I can't wait to see him and give him a big hug. He said there's been a lot of sandstorms there, so bad that for three days no planes could take off or land. (After he called, Hubby looked on the internet and it said that the sandstorms were the worst in Iraq's recent history.) Bottom line - he's doing fine. I'll still feel so much better when he's out of that country and back home. During our 4th of July cookout, we all stopped for a moment and raised our glasses in a toast to all those who serve and who have served.
My shingles are still here. The right side of my face is still puffy and this morning I noticed a line of blisters coming up around my lip. The creepy-crawly feeling is almost constant and drives me crazy!!!! So I take my meds, which helps somewhat, but I wish it would just clear up and go the hell away. I'm not whining, I'm just sayin'. :o)
OK - I'm off to check my mailbox for my next installment of GA.

1 comment:

  1. Uhmmm....do you think we could be related??? LOL!! Sounds just like my house!!

    How wonderful to meet up with your friends!! Sounds like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!