Thursday, July 2, 2009

Getting back to normal...

I think.
This herpes/shingles thing has just kicked my butt. I give up. Finally got in to my doctor here and got the great news that this can last for months and then come back at any time. WTF. Seriously. Anyway, he gave me a bunch of meds - steroids, anti-inflammatory, nerve pain, other pain killers - and I do feel better and can sleep through the night now. But there were a couple of new, but small, blisters today. This just sucks.
OK - enough whining.
Here's some good news: I found another reality show to get me through the summer - America's Got Talent. It's awesome!!! A good number of the contestants make total fools of themselves (and, sadly, don't even know it), some contestants are unbelievably good, and the rest fall somewhere between. I like the judges, but the harshest judge is the audience - they boo and yell and are totally mean to the bad acts. I love it! The fact that I love it probably says something about me, but...oh,well. Nick Cannon is the host and I just love him, too. I remember tuning in once last year but Jerry Springer was the host and I can't stand him so I never watched again. The best act this week was this guy from Tennessee (I think) who came out in jeans and a flannel shirt with his hat on backwards and a beard stubble, who talked like a total hick, and then blew everybody away when he played his guitar and sang "Tomorrow Never Comes" (a country song). I'm not even a country music fan, but it brought tears to my eyes. He was unanimously passed through to the next round.
I've watched a lot of the Michal Jackson stuff that's been on since he died. The whole situation just makes me sad - I'm sad he's dead, I'm sad for his children and his family. I also find it ironic that he's (probably) made more money in the week since he died than he did for the last few years. He's on top of Billboard and ITunes charts again and everything of his is selling like crazy. I did my part - I bought his Number Ones CD today.
On the knitting front - I finished another strip for my sock-yarn blanket and have been working on the baby blanket. I need to make some more dishcloths for gifts in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!