Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Next stop...

Mexico!

I don't know if I'll get to post while I'm on vacation, but I'll try.

This time tomorrow we'll be at the hotel near Denver International Airport, ready to leave at 6 am Thursday for Mazatlan (via Phoenix). The weather here was so cold (not quite 60 degrees in June -oh, please) and cloudy today I'm definitely ready for that tropical weather!

My pile for my suitcase has grown, but it's not excessive (so far). Tomorrow I'll sort through my sandals and flip-flops - two pairs of each should be enough. Plus my Tevas, of course, for beach walking and seashell hunting. I am taking some knitting stuff - nothing large, just some sock yarn to make strips for the sock-yarn blanket.

Today I did some more laundry and have one more load of Hubby's stuff in the morning and then I'm done with that for awhile. I had my friend Lori trim my hair - I wasn't in desperate need of a cut, but in another two weeks it would probably be a little out of control. And if it's one thing I don't need on vacation, it's out of control hair. Don't need a color treatment right now - the sun is going to take care of that!

Pick up times for my cohorts have been coordinated, reservations have been checked (and rechecked!) so I think we're good to go.

So - hasta la vista!

2 comments:

  1. Have a BLAST and be sure to save room to bring back some of that fine Mexican Yarn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking of you. I have some concerns re violence in Mexico, but will put a guardian angel on your shoulder in prayer. I know it's tradition and you LOVE your time on the beach. Can't wait to see you in Pagosa in July.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!